May 4th – 6th, 2021 | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm CT each day
Online Delivery Format
What is this training workshop?This is a ‘must attend’ workshop for 12 tourism operators looking to attract today’s new traveller. This workshop will take you through ‘experiential travel design’ 101 and guide you through developing tourism experiences that reflect your unique story. In light of COVID-19, attracting the Canadian traveller is more important than ever. The experience design process you will learn in the workshop will help you attract Canadian, US and international visitors in the future.
Who should attend? Any tourism business or organization ready to attract new customers by offering appealing tourism experiences.
What will I learn about?
- The value experiential travel can add to your operation
- Developing both in-person and online experiences and preparing for the summer of 2021
- The difference between a tourism product and an experience
- How to sell different products and make more money
- How to include new COVID-19 safety standards in your overall tourism experience
- How to design an experience for your business, on your own or in collaboration with like-minded community partners
- Inspiring, tourism success stories in Northern Ontario
- Marketing and sales tips to sell your experience to today’s traveller
Where is it?
- This course is being offered as an online course, with a mix of ‘online’ and ‘offline’ work. The ’online’ portion will be delivered by group webinar from 1 pm to 4 pm CT over the course of three (3) days. The ‘offline’ portion is to be completed both prior to and post the ‘face-to-face’ webinar portion.
What will you need? An internet connection, speaker/mic (can be built-in computer mic) and a device (e.g. computer, tablet, etc.)
What does it cost? The cost of the course and all training materials is being sponsored by:
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Register now as spots are limited to 12 participants!
Questions? Contact Karen Peacock, Senior Coordinator, Workforce Development & Industry Training (Tourism Excellence North), at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 626-4347.