What is the workshop? This workshop is designed for partners along a new or established touring route in Northern Ontario to attend together to improve and enhance the visitor experience along their route. Types of touring routes can include ATV, Auto, Boating, Cycling and RV.
Over one-and-a-half days, participants will learn the fundamentals of experiential travel, learn how to identify the key players involved in the delivery of touring routes, identify priority areas for development, identify their community’s gaps and assets, and create a detailed action plan to develop and implement their objectives.
Why you should attend:
• You are actively involved with a new or established touring route in Northern Ontario
• You want to take your community’s touring visitor experience to the next level
• Your community or destination has a high-level plan in place as part of the touring route but needs a detailed action or implementation plan to move forward
Who should attend? Small groups of 3 or 4 participants per community/destination along a touring route. These participants can include:
• Municipal and/or City senior staff
• Touring route managers
• Destination development managers
• Community champions
• Tourism professionals
• Tourism business owners along or near a route
• Tour operators offering touring itineraries
TEN encourages you to attend this workshop together with your touring route partners/associates. If you would like assistance in identifying your touring route partners/associates, contact TEN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-523-2228
More workshop learning objectives!
• Gain an understanding of the traveller decision making process
• Learn how to best position your community along the touring route to capitalize on available assets
• Understand and identify the players involved in the successful delivery of experiential tourism
• Identify your community/destination’s gaps and assets for the touring experience
• Understand the importance of providing relevant, captivating, saleable online content to potential travellers
• Establish key performance indicators
• Identify priority areas for product and service development
• Create an action plan to develop and implement your objectives
Where is it?
• Blind River, Ontario
• Training Venue: Participants will be sent the venue details once their registration is confirmed.
When is it? May 15th – 16, 2018
• THE WORKSHOP, INCLUDING ALL TRAINING MATERIALS, IS OFFERED AT THE LOW COST OF $100!
• Participants are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and accommodations.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Questions? Send TEN an email at email@example.com