About this event
As part of our program expansion into Northwest Ontario, we are excited to invite you to a webinar session to learn more about the Ontario By Bike program and the cycle tourism market in Northwest Ontario, Kenora and Rainy River Districts. Learn about the opportunities to tap into the growing market of cycle tourism in Ontario and how cyclists can find your location by participating as a certified bicycle friendly location with the Ontario By Bike Network.
Participants will be learning about:
- How welcoming cyclists can be good for businesses
- Who are cycle tourists and what do they want
- New local and regional cycle touring routes, services and events
- Opportunities to better access the cycle tourism market
- How to become a certified bicycle friendly business
- Local and provincial marketing and promotions
- Networking opportunities
Who Should Participate in the workshop?
- Local tourism stakeholders, organizations and contacts who are interested in tapping into the growing market of cycle tourism
- Staff, managers, owners of tourism businesses and locations interested in becoming certified as bicycle friendly
- This workshop is open to all participants across the northwest / RTO13c, but will be focused towards Kenora and Rainy River Districts.
About the workshop
- Free and easy to participate
- Access link to virtual workshop webinar will be provided in advance. Optional call-in method will be available
- The webinar is scheduled for approximately 60 minutes
Ontario By Bike Network Participation:
The Ontario By Bike Network develops and promotes cycle tourism in Ontario and administers a bicycle-friendly certification program that is open to accommodators, food service providers, destination attractions and other cycling-related businesses, organizations and individuals interested in cycle tourism. The following requirements must be met to participate in the network.
- Meet the minimum requirements as set out in the Ontario By Bike Network industry standards and criteria checklist
- Complete registration information will be shared during webinar and can also be found on-line
Brought to you by: